Working with the Body in Therapy
Introductory Training Modules 2023
LifeChange Psychotherapy is providing a series of Introductory Integrative Bodywork Training Modules for therapists interested in developing and specialising in bodywork, bioenergetics and body process awareness and tracking for their client-work.
September-November 2023 Introductory Training (Day) Modules
- Experiential and practice-based modules with practical skills and tools, incl. core theory and framing. Max 8 participants per module.
- Focus on bioenergetics, bodywork and breathwork (Reichian Breathwork, Lowen Bioenergetics)
- Character structure / dynamics based (Reich, Lowen, Johnson, Kessler)
- Includes integration with other humanistic, integrative frameworks such as Relational Gestalt, Person-Centred Therapy and Trauma-based work (Ogden, Rothschild, Van Der Kolk)
- Therapeutic interventions and techniques for deeper integrative work with clients.
Training Module Dates 2023
Sat 23rd September
Sat 21st October
Sat 25th November
Following participation in any one of these introductory day-modules, you may apply for the next 1st level course (8 modules / 4 weekends) commencing Jan-May 2024.
- Fees: €120 per introductory day module (strictly max no. 8 participants per module)
- Location: LifeChange Psychotherapy Practice, 5 Clanwilliam Square, Dublin 2 D02 HX27
- Participants should hold a psychotherapy qualification and be engaged in ongoing practice
- Handouts and notes supplied
- CPD points: 6 pts (2024 course – 48 pts)
- Clinical Supervision, peer support and group practice/work available and recommended
- Skills Development Modules and Post-Graduate Specialisation for longer term and continuing professional development available for those who have completed initial bodywork training courses in Ireland or abroad
About the Facilitator
Brian Gillen is an experienced Psychotherapist specialising for over ten years in Bodywork and Body-based Psychotherapy as a practitioner and trainer. He is a Core Trainer and Lecturer on the MA Psychotherapy Programme at Dublin Business School. He is also a Clinical Supervisor, Director and Founder of LifeChange Psychotherapy & Counselling and Body Psychotherapy Ireland. He holds a Masters Degree in Psychotherapy and has trained with the IPP and abroad in various Bodywork, Biodynamic and Bioenergetic approaches to therapy. He has been a long-standing member of IAHIP, ICP and inaugural Chair of CORU’s Counselling & Psychotherapy Registration Board.